Life Is More Than Enjoying a Good Reputation (J.Deml)

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

STAR WARS : Episode III

"Revenge of the Sith" begins in theaters today, May 19, 2005 to eager anticipation as the final theatrical Star Wars chapter begins....so say the official Star Wars pages ( http://www.starwars.com ).
It may sound weird -who is eager to see what we all already know? The Episode IV was released almost thirty years ago and what we haven't figured out from the five other movies, we've found out recently in the previews and commercials on TV. Some of the commercials (like the M&M's or Burger King) were actually really fun. I'm afraid that they could possibly be more entertaining than the movie itself. Honestly, the last two (meaning the first two) episodes sucked. But I still have a little hope for G. Lucas -hopefully, the cycle will come to an end (meaning to a middle) with at least some of the grandeur of its early episodes.
Anyway, I hear that starwarsfans have been lined up in front of the movie theatres for days and nights to get a ticket for today's midnight screening. As I walked from the Mill a few minutes ago, I passed the Grand Douglas Theatre. And I counted them (yes, they also infiltrated Lincoln, NE) - 36 hard-core fans. Thirty six. I almost wanted to tell them :"You know the story, guys. Anakim Skywlaker becomes the Darth Vader, the Empire strikes back, Jedi returns..." but I didn't.
I'll wait till the movie gets to the Starship cinema and then for $2 I'll see myself how the story 'ends.'
Until then, I AM YOUR FATHER!
lovE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home